Homestyle Dog Food

From Fudgie
Hi,
I am making my own pet food for my 5 yr old Bichon --her name is Nikita--the love of my life!

I boil a chicken---debone it and cut the meat and skin in small pieces in the broth left I cook about 2 cups of rice.

Then in large bowl I add the following:
2 cans green beans
2 cans of cooked carrots
1 can of peas (I have thought about adding a can of spinach---but haven't yet)
Chop all the veggies in small pieces
Add chicken, rice and when completely cool

I put in small freezer bags (about 3/4 cup)per bag. This makes enough food for about 2 weeks or moreI put in the freezer and each evening before going to bed I take out one pkg and put in fridge to thaw for the next day.

She loves it and I have noticed she doesn't have the dry skin itching like she use to with dry kibble.I give her raw baby carrots for treats and she also gets a few Wheat Chex's for treats.It is really not a lot of work and its sure worth it to have piece of mind----hope this helps.

Pat from Missouri

No comments: