Honey and Allergies

My2Bichons writes:

Hi everyone!
I learned some interesting info this week and thought I'd share and get your thoughts...
I went to a "Healthy Dog Treats" class given by our local Community College.
Some of the treats inlcude honey in the ingredients. The teacher told us that if you use local honey, it can help with allergies. I'm assuming for people as well as dogs... It makes sense if you think about it because the bees are using local flowers and pollens to make the honey and the local pollens cause allergies. . . so you can build an immunity by using the honey.
Terri

Marenie spoke for considerations:
I am terribly allergic to honey and bees and anything to do with bees and bee products. I have spent time in the ER. I would never give this to my Muffin for he is too precious to me.
Just thought I would give you my perspective.
Fluffer hugs,
Marenie and Muffin

No comments: