Licking

Frisbee's Mom advises:

I am not sure if any one else has had this problem but thought I would pass this along.
Frisbee licks everything. People, bed pillows, sheets, bedspreads, furniture and just about everything you can think of. He does not try to tear anything up but just licks.

I finally today decided to talk to the Vet about this. I am told 1/16 teaspoon of salt to his diet every day. Now why didn't I think of that. lol I thought this might help some one that may be having this same problem. I learn something new every day. Also tomorrow I will have had my "hearing ear dog" Frisbee one year. I couldn't do without him. He takes good care of me and I love him so much.

Angela responds:

Thanks for the enlightening information. I will try adding a little salt to Gabby's diet as well. I find that he does a lot of the same and wondered why. Even to the point that I felt he ingested his own hair causing him to be sick. He has a very sensitive stomach.

Lisa responds:

Hi Frisbee's Mom -- We talked about this in chat last night. Levi is the same way. I am going to try the salt additive and I will let you know if it helps. Thanks!

Shirley comments:

Hi this is Shirley and i have 4 Bichon Frise. I breed 1 pair. My Stud "Buck" is also a licker and I didn't know about the salt so I'll try it. Thank you for the tip.

Yesterday, Jan. 6th my Briar Rose had 6 beautiful pups. There are three females and three males. All spoken for. One interesting note is that my 22 year old son is profoundly deaf as well and relies on Buck to alert him. I have also donated one of the six to a Deaf Young Man living in the Soo as a hearing/companion. Nice to meet you!

Paula responds:

I just took Simone to the vet because of her licking and chewing and was given a spray for the problem. It seems to be working very well, but I am trying the salt also. Will post my results soon.

Mike responds:

Yes, Lizzie is a real "licker" too. I will try adding some salt to her diet. She especially "loves" to lick my wife after she comes off the treadmill from working out; this makes sense.

No comments: